Friday, July 30, 2010

Mistakes, part 1

Mistakes

Through this experience of coming to Korea, and having God show me the error of the path I was on I have learned a lot about mistakes. This is a lot I didn’t know before, and may have never learned had I not admitted the error of my own ways. God has shown me how He can use our mistakes for His good. I write this hoping some in the same place as me, or maybe some who are currently blindly following the wrong path can use it to help them get back to where God wants them to be. I hope everyone will get something out of it, and will be able to grow closer to God through this. There are 14 distinct things I have learned about when we make mistakes, and I hope sharing them will help others see through their own mistakes before they are blinded by them as long as I was.

1.We will all make mistakes

This point is the most obvious. We are all human, and to err is human. Mistakes can be as minor as forgetting to buy something at the grocery store, or as major as committing adultery. Even if we’re doing all the right things, following the right path, and serving God right we will still make mistakes. Anyone working in fulltime ministry will tell you this is true. Making mistakes is inevitable. It can’t be helped. Our failures play as large a part in our lives as our successes.

The important thing is not to be consumed by your failures, or to let them to destroy you. Ask for forgiveness if your mistake caused you to sin in some way, and accept that forgiveness. Get over it, and move on. Don’t let your mistakes consume you, or to make you feel worthless. You believe in a God who loved you enough to send His son to die on a cross for you. You are not worthless. Do not be defined by your mistakes, but by grace.

Accept that mistakes will be made. Pray that God will help you make as few mistakes as possible, but remember the word few. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you can ever avoid making mistakes. God is God, and we are man. We will always make mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment