Monday, March 21, 2011

Where there is faith

As I’ve discussed in a few recent entries, things didn’t go exactly according to my plan after I came back from Korea. My wife and I spent more time out of work than I’d hoped, I had to start seminary online because of the uncertainty concerning where I would be moving, and aliens abducted my dog. Well, maybe that last one didn’t happen, but the others did.

This could have been a reason to be upset with my commitment to stop running away since running away was for more profitable than going on the right path. I admit that there were times I got confused, but I always did one thing right. I went to God about it. When I did He reminded me that I may have been without any idea where life would take me, but that was okay. There was nothing to be scared about. I had faith. Where there is faith there is nothing to fear.

This is something we should all remember. When the conditions of our lives get us down we should remind ourselves of the words found in Hebrews 11:1:

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

The things we hope for have substance.
Life may tell us we can’t do something. Faith tells us we can. The things we see may tell us its hopeless, but as long as there is a God in heaven there is always hope. We can always have faith, and turn that faith into action. If we have faith we won’t let our own lack of self-confidence keep us from applying for that job we know we’re perfect for. God has faith in us, and we should have faith in ourselves. If we have faith we won’t be afraid when something threatens our finances. We can trust God with it. If we have faith we don’t need to be afraid of taking a chance, speaking up for what’s right, or serving among the lowest people in our society. Where there is faith there is nothing to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment