Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trust in the Lord

I wanted to take some time to address some personal things some readers may be wondering about. Remember that I was inspired to start this blog while in Korea, and I’d learned a lot about mistakes I made. I tried to teach a lot, and I returned from Korea to finally follow the calling the Lord had given me.

Well, I’ve been back from Korea a few months, and some may wonder what’s going on. I’m not going to pretend that I came back, and Rick Warren was there at the airport to offer me a job. That would have been cool (And if you ever see this, Rick Warren, hey, working for you would be awesome), but it’s not what happened. Currently I am staying with some in-laws in the middle of nowhere in order to make it. Ashley and I have applied to lots of jobs, both in the church and outside of it, but nothing concrete has happened yet. I have, however, started seminary, and am moving away from the indecisiveness of my past.

Some may hear this, and think it means I was wrong. I’ve failed. I’m discouraged. That’s wrong. I may not like my current state of unemployment, but I am overjoyed with the relationship I currently share with the Lord. For the first time in my life I am putting my full trust in Him, and I know He won’t let me down. Money, the American employment system, and place will not stop me from serving Him. Nothing will stop me from trusting Him.

Do I know what the future holds? No. I don’t have to. I serve a God who knows that. He’s gotten me this far, and I know He’s going to lead me to a ministry that will bring many lost people of this world to Him. Even in this current position I’m in I know He’s guiding me. If I or Ashley gets some great job in a church I know He guided us there. If we get some job in a school, a business, the military, a park, or anywhere I know He guided us there. Even if it comes to me and Ashley having to go overseas again I know he guided us there. We accomplished a lot of good things we needed to in coming back, and if we had to leave again it would be for good, and not for evil. It would be so we could fulfill the calling He’s given to us, and not to run away as before. I may not know what’s going to happen right now, but I know I can trust Him.

I reveal all this because I know there are other people in this world who have put their trust in the Lord, and are still not sure where He’s leading them. Don’t get discouraged. Keep following Him. Keep trusting Him. He will never lead you astray.

UPDATE: The day after I wrote this Ashley got a job in Charlotte. We are now actively serving at Elevation Church, and continuing to walk toward where the Lord wants us to be. There are also some amazing opportunities in our way that I don’t want to mention too early. But they are awesome.

God is always faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment