Monday, August 2, 2010

Mistakes, part 4

4. God wants you to be who you are

Here's the shortest, but potentially most important point.

Ignoring your calling is trying to be someone you’re not. I understand doing this because it is what I wanted to do for many years. I wanted to run from my gifts, and be someone different. Someone better. I can now see the foolishness in this. We must embrace who we are. We cannot be better than who God made us to be. Trying to be someone different is a major mistake, and will never bring us true happiness. God is all knowing, and his plans for us are plans for good. He put us here for a reason, and made us into the unique individual we are not to destroy us, but to fulfill us. What He created us for is better than anything we can imagine for ourselves. Trust in Him. He gave you these gifts because of His faith in you. Be thankful for them, and embrace them. Be who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment