Sunday, August 15, 2010

You Can Fix Stupid

Now that I’ve gotten through talking over many of the lessons I learned over the past month in Korea I think it’s time I made a bit of an introduction.

First thing you should know about me is I’m not special. I possess no seminary degree, no Masters of Divinity, or any of that. I may one day, but all I am today is a man created by God, who loves Jesus, and whose spent the better part of five years studying His word. I’ve gone to many great churches, been a part of excellent small groups, and I’ve tried to learn everything I can about Jesus Christ. I’m also someone who ran away from what I’m supposed to do for a long time, but those days are behind me. This is part of me facing my calling.

I’ve learned so much over the past few years, but I’ve kept much of it myself. I never should have, and will no longer. The gospel is meant to be shared, and not locked away in my head. I’ve had many excuses for keeping this stuff to myself, but I will now choose to ignore those. So long as I can keep learning from the Bible I will keep writing about it. This blog is my first step into ministry, and I intend to make many more steps in the direction it calls me to go.

Something I can tell you for certain is that I will sometimes say stupid things. I will sometimes be wrong. I know this because I can recognize what’s happening to me. I had a similar experience in middle school. I realized I enjoyed writing fiction at that time, and had first learned to access the power of my imagination. I did so as often as I could, and it was messy. I wrote a lot, and didn’t care if it was crap. I just had to write. I had to get all these thoughts out of my head. I’m currently doing that with ministry.

I just recently accepted the power of ministry God has been trying to give me for years. It excites me, and blows out of me. I’m currently exploding. I’m going nuclear, and I have to in order to keep on being a minister. In this process of expansion I will inevitably say and do some stupid things because of my inexperience. I don’t apologize for it. I just tell you that one day I think that will change.

There eventually came a day where I was able to control and focus my imagination. That will happen with ministry, but it takes work. I have to keep being stupid to stop being stupid. It doesn’t bother me. I’d rather be stupid for the Lord than be nothing without Him. I know that I can fix stupid. God can help me. I have the goal to reach people for Jesus Christ. That’s it. If I gotta be stupid to do that I will. I’m happy to. I’ll write what I’m compelled to write in the hopes that someday someone will learn to come to Christ through my ministry. If Christ can use me so that just one person can come to Him who wouldn’t have otherwise I have succeeded.

Read every entry if you want, but remember I am not Jesus. I am His servant. I am human. I make mistakes. I wouldn’t even be writing this if I didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment